An interactive map of the Northern Kingdoms from The Witcher 2 game. This is a work in progress and may change at any time. The following browsers have been use to test the map:
- Google Chrome 19.0.1084.46 – may become unresponsive while importing a lot of custom locations(1).
- Internet Explorer 9 – moving the map may be choppy.
- Mozilla Firefox 12 – may become unresponsive while importing a lot of custom locations (A prompt may appear stating that the script is taking a long time to execute) (1).
- Opera 11.64 – Has a rendering or CSS-related issue with the map tiles when the scale is changed.
- Safari 5.1.5 (7534.55.3) – clearing the map-related data may or may not work.
To view the map, click here.
Based on my very limited research, there are inaccuracies in the game map. If you would like to help in making an accurate map of the Witcher world, I would need a base map without the fortresses, cities, towns, names and such and the corrections in the locations.
[2012 June Update] Updated the map script.
[2012 Oct 17] Ooops! At some point, I made modifications to a module which the map script uses and there was a bug which affected the addition/modification of custom locations. Should be fixed now (=